PianoDisc Player System Description
IQ INTELLIGENT PLAYER SYSTEPianoDisc’s revolutionary iQ allows you to control your piano with today’s latest music playback technology such as the iDevices, Android devices, MP3 players, and other music playback devices. And with PianoDisc’s elegant SilentDriveHDthat plays your piano, the system will deliver a beautiful, fully expressive piano performance—even at whisper-soft levels..
Easy to Operate
iQ makes operating a PianoDisc player system easier than ever before because you can operate it from something you are familiar with. Simply play, pause, stop or even adjust the volume, as you normally would, and the piano will respond.
As a bonus, the fact that almost any music playback device will work with iQ means that you’ll always be able to use the latest music playback gear to control your piano. Think of it as built-in insurance on your investment.
Smart and Invisible
iQ gives you the flexibility to enjoy a truly invisible system, with no visible electronics mounted on the piano. (Not all configurations are “invisible”. Your choice of music player will affect whether it is seen or needs to be mounted on the piano.)
Like home automation systems and portable music devices, iQ is a smart system that puts you ahead of the curve.
Plays Your Favorite Music
With iQ, you’ll enjoy piano performances created by the world’s finest pianists. With one of the largest music libraries in the world, titles in every category from classical to rock, and literally thousands of songs to choose from, PianoDisc is sure to have all your favorites. iQ can even play your piano via DVD players, so you can enjoy watching pianists play your piano live via a PianoVideo. These exciting DVDs deliver Standard or High Definition Blu-ray video and live piano performances. With PianoVideos you’ll enjoy original performances made by terrific jazz, pop and New Age players, classical virtuosos, wonderful instrumental groups and fantastic vocalists. With brilliant images on the screen and live piano performances, iQ and PianoVideos will give you a private concert in the comfort of your home.
Entertains in Style
Whether you entertain in grand style, or prefer smaller gatherings, the world’s smartest reproducing system will be the center of attention, entertaining your guests for hours. Dine to it, dance with it, or just enjoy the ambience it provides for any occasion.
IQ IPAD AIR
Invisible technology and wireless control…
The new iQ iPad Air brings invisible technology and wireless control to your piano. You’ll love how easy it is to download, store, organize and play your music from this sleek controller.
You can also enjoy endless entertainment with PianoDisc’s free Internet Streaming Radio Broadcast. Take advantage of the iPad’s larger visual display to view sheet music or simply watch PianoVideo performances.
The performances iQ iPad Air provides, thanks to SilentDrive HD’s patented, full 88-note system and 1024 levels of individual note expression are nothing less than spectacular.
SilentDrive HD revolutionizes player piano performance!
SilentDrive HD is a highly enhanced version of our patented SilentDrive technology and it’s revolutionizing player performance. We can’t adequately describe it in words, but its 1024 levels of individual note expression, faster processor and streamlined architecture (that boost both velocity and timing accuracy) deliver a high-resolution piano performance that has to be heard to be appreciated.
Here’s what multi-award winning Hollywood film composer and conductor Danny Elfman (“Batman”, “The Simpsons”, “Desperate Housewives”, “Spider Man”) has to say about PianoDisc’s SilentDrive HD:
“When I purchased a wonderful Bösendorfer grand piano for my new studio, I knew that I wanted to outfit it with the best MIDI playback system I could find so the piano could be used for both arrangements and recording. The SilentDrive HD system quickly became the top choice and I’ve been very pleased with its performance.”
QUIETTIME MAGIC STAR
QuietTime® MagicStar V4 S – What is it?
A PianoDisc QuietTime kit is a complete Silent system that can be built into nearly every piano retroactively. When
the system is installed, the user can switch his piano to mute, in the evening for example, and play using
headphones without disturbing his neighbors. The QuietTime Magic Star System comes with reliable and
long-lasting sensor technology. The sensor bar is installed under the keys of the upright or grand piano. It has 88
key sensors that measure the movements of every single key and convert them to General MIDI data. In addition,
every QuietTime kit comes with a mute rail. This rail is installed into the upright or grand where it stops the
hammers before they touch the strings. Of course, the stop bar is easily removable, allowing the piano to be played
normally as well.
QuietTime® Magic Star V4 S
The best of the three areas of the Silent technology:
- Optimal stop bar with only minimal changes in resolution
- Reliable and durable key sensor system
- Excellent piano tone produced by the QuietTime MagicStar synthesizer, developed especially for this use.
- Plus 11 other instrument tones.
QuietTime® MagicStar V4 S – Further features:
- Available for grand and upright pinaos
- Super inobstrusive control unit, thanks to the compact design
- Graphics display for een easier operation
- 11 Preset-Tones: 2x piano, 2x strings, 4x piano and strings, harpsichord, E-piano, church organ
- 128 General MIDI Tones
- 3 Userset-Tones, using your fovourite settings
- Userselectable Startup-Tone
- Mute rail for grand or upright pianos
- Reverb, chorus, dynamic curves, pitch and transposition effects
- 128-note polyphony
- Recording and playback functions for up to 30.000+ MIDI-Events (notes)
- Recordings gets stored in permanent memory, safe even if the system is disconnected from power
- Metronome with selectable tempos, bar, rhythm and selectable volume levels
- Control unit front = approx. H = 5cm, B = 20cm
- 2 headphone connections (3.5-mm jack)
- Supports 2 pedals (left & right)
- 20 Demo-songs
- MIDI-IN, MIDI-OUT, MIDI-THRU
Tech Specs – QuietTime® MagicStar V4 S
- QuietTime MagicStar synthesizer
- Key sensor system
- MagicStar mute rail for grand or upright pianos
- Stereo headphones
- Headphones holder
- 120 V power supply
Key sensor system
- 88-note optical key sensor system
- DREAM Dual Digital Sound Processor
- Up to 30.000+ MIDI Events (notes)
Connectors/ Control elements
- 2 headphone connections (3.5-mm jack)
- Volume control
- on/off switch
- MIDI-IN, -OUT and -THRU
- 120 Volt / 60 Hz AC (North America)
- 220-230 Volt / 50Hz AC (beyond America)
Options / Additional features
- Powered speakers
- second pair of stereo headphones
Specifications valid at the time of going to press. We retain the right to make changes.
iQ Flash offers ease of operation, wireless connection and
PianoDisc introduces its new iQ Flash front-end, a modern, flexible MP3 player system specifically designed for
use with PianoDisc’s iQ piano player technology. Features include 1,024 levels of dynamic expression playback per
note, built-in SD Card and USB slots, wireless connection and One Touch Record and playback options.
- MP3 files from USB, SD or MMC flash memory
- Record your own performances (with optional Performance Package)
- Integrated balance control for just the right mix of piano and accompaniment
- 1,024 levels of Playback Dynamic Expression per note
- Repeat and Shuffle features let you choose how to listen to your music
- Easy to read high-contrast backlit LCD display
- Wireless remote control
- Wireless audio option
- Power 5 VDC, 1A
- Display 1.75″ (44mm) blue LED backlit
- Line-in stereo RCA
- Line-out stereo RCA
- Media types: USB Flash, SD/MMC Flash
- File format: MP3 (256 kbps recommended)
- Remote control IR credit-card style
MIDI CONTROLLER RETROFIT SYSTEM
This system gives your acoustic piano’s keyboard access to MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface), opening
a world of advanced technology to your piano.
The MIDI Controller Retrofit System will turn virtually any acoustic piano into a MIDI Controller. With this system
you can use your acoustic piano’s keyboard to record music to a computer, send keyboard and pedal data to a digital
piano, external sound module, sequencer or other MIDI device. The MIDI Controller system supports soft pedal,
sostenuto pedal and sustain pedal functions. The MIDI Controller Retrofit System includes a power supply, 10 ft.
long 5 pin MIDI cable, MIDI strip, 3 pedal switches and a MIDI board with cover.